[See below calendar for full Training + Events information]
- This event has passed.
Domestic Abuse: An Employment and HR Issue
June 6 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Cost: £50 per statutory sector delegate/£35 per voluntary sector delegate
Domestic abuse crosses social space. This means it comes to work with both the victim/survivor and it can impact on a woman’s working life. Employers thus have a role to play in supporting women with the issue.
By the end of the session delegates will:
• Understand the impact of domestic abuse on individuals and workplaces
• Understand how supporting/working alongside a victim/survivor may impact on colleagues and managers.
• Recognise the signs and symptoms of someone experiencing domestic abuse.
• Feel more confident in supporting an employee/colleague experiencing Domestic Abuse in the work place.
• Feel more confident in asking the question and responding effectively to a disclosure.
• Increase awareness of how to implement supportive response to domestic abuse
The facilitator: Heather Williams was manager at Ross-shire Women’s Aid for 8 years and was a member of the Highland Violence Against Women Partnership. During this time she was involved in the development and delivery of aside variety of violence against women training to multi-agency professionals.
We offer a wide range of training opportunities, drawing nearly 40 years’ experience of working with women, children and young people affected by domestic abuse. We offer specific training to our members, local women’s aid groups, as well as offering learning opportunities for practitioners and policy makers.
We can provide training on a commissioned basis, tailored to your organisation. For further information contact Nel Whiting.
Booking your place
Find the event that you want to attend in our searchable database below. There is an online booking form with most of the events. Please complete the form and we will send you an invoice. On some pages it may re-direct you to another website to make a booking or ask you to download a specific form for that event.
You can also download a booking form and return it to:
Training Administrator, Scottish Women’s Aid, 132 Rose Street, Edinburgh EH2 3JD or email to email@example.com
We will send you confirmation of the booking.
Full price cost for non-attendance and cancellation within 24 hours. Conferences and other events may have different cancellation policies – please check the booking form for details.